Jesse got his start in video journalism during the very early 1980’s. He produced, directed and shot documentaries in Italy, England, the Caribbean and Central America. Jesse’s documentary subjects were US-based evangelical Christian missionary relief workers. He covered them as they served the poor and indigenous people in remote mountains of Guatemala where a bitter guerrilla war was being fought. Jesse followed a missionary relief team as they brought food, blankets and clothing to Nicaraguan war refugees who left everything behind and fled into the deep jungles of Costa Rica. He documented teams of US doctors and dentists as they dispensed free treatment to many hundreds of the very poorest citizens of post war Managua, Nicaragua.
In March of 1982 as Jesse was covering the work of US missionary group Verbo, in Guatemala when one of their members, Efrain Rios Montt seized power after a military coup. He then traveled with and documented the military dictator visiting government troops in the Guatemalan highlands to promote his “Rifles and Beans” campaign.
The Los Angeles Riots erupted in April of 1992. The ABC Network News bureau in Los Angeles hired Jesse to help with their riot coverage. He worked the story alongside Peter Jennings, Diane Sawyer, Ted Koppel, Bill Ritter, and the ABC news network producers to provide daily coverage of the riots for World News Tonight, Good Morning America, Primetime Live, 20/20, and Nightline.
Over the following 20 years, Jesse is credited on hundreds of national television news segments, long form documentaries, scripted entertainment shows and television specials watched by tens of millions on ABC, NBC, CBS, PBS, BBC, A&E, VH1, MTV and more. Jesse’s work has been recognized with a Primetime Breaking News Emmy® and several LA Area Emmy® nominations.
National Television Credits
- SoCal Connected – KCET: “Call To Adventure” – Short Film – Producer, Director, Writer.
- PBS: “The Tavis Smiley Show” – Online For Broadcast – Video Editor
- KCET: “Life and Times” : Segment Producer, Long Form Video | Avid Editor – LA Emmy® + Several Nominations
- Entertainment Tonight: Segment Producer, Video | Avid Editor – Daily ET Show, CBS TV specials, Awards Shows, Promos, Teases, Show Opens
- ET on MTV | ET on MTV France: Segment Producer, Video Editor – ET on MTV Segments, TV Specials, Awards Shows, Promos, Teases, and Show Opens
- VH1: Long Form Video Editor – National Fashion TV Specials
- Dateline NBC: Long Form Video Editor – Primetime News Magazine Segments, Breaking News Specials – Primetime Emmy® for Breaking News
- NBC News The Today Show: Long Form Video | Avid Editor – Features, News, Entertainment Features, Film Music Features, Pop Star Features
- NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw: Video Editor Breaking News
- NBC News MSNBC: Segment Producer, Video Editor – Feature News Stories, Network Launch | Presidential Campaign
- NBC News CNBC: Video Editor – Features, Breaking News
- ABC News World News Tonight with Peter Jennings: Video Editor – Breaking News
- ABC News Prime Time Live: Long Form Video Editor – Primetime Feature News Stories
- ABC News Nightline: Long Form Video Editor – Features, Breaking News
- ABC News Good Morning America: Long Form Video Editor – Features, Breaking News, Entertainment Features
- CBS News The Evening News with Dan Rather: Video Editor – Features, Breaking News
- CBS News The Early Show: Long Form Video Editor – Features, Breaking News, Entertainment Features
- A & E Biographies: Long Form Video Editor – 2 hour Michael Landon Biography, John Ritter Biography
- BBC News UK: Long Form Video Editor – Features, News, Entertainment, Sports
- RAI Television Italy: Long Form Video Editor – Features, News, Entertainment
- Mediaset Italy: Long Form Video Editor – Features, News – Alberto Sordi TV Special
- Reuters International News Service: Video Editor– Features, Breaking News, Entertainment News
Primetime Emmy® Recipient
Experienced in all aspects of 4K Digital Cinema, UHD, HD video and television production including producing, directing (multiple camera), writing, editing and motion graphics (Avid, After Effects, Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator), production and post sound mixing and editing, DSLR, and broadcast camera operation, lighting | photography – tabletop, food, and live events.