Watch our 4 minute film preview
“GET THE PICTURE?” DOCUMENTARY FILM
The producers of the powerful 4 ½ minute film which tells the story of the Canal Alliance “You Are Home” Mural Art Project are passionate about expanding the film into a 4K cinematic feature documentary up to 90 minutes in length.
The “Get the Picture?” documentary feature film will:
- Capture the response and reaction of community members, members of local government, and others who visit the mural going forward.
- Tell the story of the mural project’s impact on Canal Alliance staff and clients as they work and visit on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate how the project has already inspired additional artists, and even MarinMOCA, to join with Canal Alliance in creating public art to express support and welcome to refugees and immigrants to Marin County.
- Communicate the challenge artists faced with creating connecting the panels in a very short amount of time and how they worked through the difficulties to come up with a stunning result.
- Portray how members of the community initially unlikely to take an interest in the work of Canal Alliance experienced a fundamental change in their attitude toward refugees, immigrants and clients of the organization because of the “You Are Home” mural installation at Canal Alliance.
- Profile each of the ten artists and community leaders including Omar Carrera, Rich Storek, Kay Carlson and others who played key roles in the mural project.